Modern Art Paperback / softback
by Amy Dempsey
Part of the Art Essentials series
Modern Art takes the reader through individual movements from Impressionism to Conceptual Art, situating these within five broader chronological themes.
Starting with Impressionism in 1860, Dempsey proceeds through the essentials of Modernism, the post-war New Disorder and beyond.
The material is arranged with great care to lead the reader through over seventy essential topics of modern art in a practical and easy-to-navigate structure.
Each boldly designed feature includes a clear definition of the theme, a list of key artists, features, media and collections, and expertly curated illustrations with explanatory captions.
A reference section includes a useful glossary of modern art terms, an easy-to-navigate timeline and suggestions for further reading.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 176 pages, 90 Illustrations, color
- Publisher: Thames & Hudson Ltd
- Publication Date: 01/04/2018
- Category: History of art & design styles: from c 1900 -
- ISBN: 9780500293225
- Paperback / softback from £17.25