The EU in International Sports Governance : A Principal-Agent Perspective on EU Control of FIFA and UEFA Hardback
Part of the The European Union in International Affairs series
This book demonstrates that the European Union (EU) can curtail the autonomy of FIFA and UEFA by building upon insights from the principal-agent model.
The author argues that EU institutional features complicate control, but do not render the EU powerless, and that FIFA and UEFA can deploy a variety of strategies to mitigate control.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 208 pages, X, 208 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 17/12/2015
- Category: Football (Soccer, Association football)
- ISBN: 9781137517777
- Paperback / softback from £45.85