The D-Day Atlas : Anatomy of the Normandy Campaign Paperback / softback
This powerful study chronicles the evolution of the invasion plan and culminates in a day-by-day account of the landings by sea and by air on the Normandy beaches, followed by the grim six-week struggle to break through the German defences.
An important feature is the space devoted to the German point of view, based on the latest archival research, and the organization of the French Resistance in northern and western France.
At the heart of the book are 71 maps in full colour, many drawing in detail on those used by the Allies in 1944.
Specially commissioned reconstruction drawings and contemporary photographs help bring the beaches and bocage of Normandy to life.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 176 pages, With 178 illustrations, including 71 full-colour maps
- Publisher: Thames & Hudson Ltd
- Publication Date: 01/01/2014
- Category: European history
- ISBN: 9780500291191