Globalizing Ideal Beauty : Women, Advertising, and the Power of Marketing Hardback
by D. Sutton
Globalizing Ideal Beauty is the forgotten history of a group of women copywriters whose successful ad campaigns went international in the 1920s and spread an American notion of feminine appeal from Bangor to Bangkok.
Sutton's approach is grounded in a huge body of original archival research that has so far remained largely untapped.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 210 pages, 9 Illustrations, black and white; XII, 210 p. 9 illus.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 13/10/2009
- Category: History: specific events & topics
- ISBN: 9780230611740
- Paperback / softback from £30.25
- PDF from £28.04