Arming the Periphery : The Arms Trade in the Indian Ocean during the Age of Global Empire Hardback
by E. Chew
A major historical study of the global arms trade, revolving around the transfer of small arms from metropolitan Europe to the turbulent frontiers of Indian Ocean societies during the 'long' nineteenth century (c.1780-1914).
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 309 pages, XII, 309 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 12/06/2012
- Category: Modern history to 20th century: c 1700 to c 1900
- ISBN: 9780230354852
- PDF from £59.50
- Paperback / softback from £45.85