The Longest Journey Paperback / softback
Rickie Elliot, a sensitive and intelligent young man with an intense imagination and a certain amount of literary talent, sets out from Cambridge full of hopes to become a writer.
But when his stories are not successful he decides instead to marry the beautiful but shallow Agnes, agreeing to abandon his writing and become a schoolmaster at a second-rate public school.
Giving up his hopes and values for those of the conventional world, he sinks into a world of petty conformity and bitter disappointments.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 432 pages
- Publisher: Penguin Books Ltd
- Publication Date: 29/06/2006
- Category: Modern & contemporary fiction (post c 1945)
- ISBN: 9780141441481
- Hardback from £12.99
- Paperback / softback from £10.69
- eAudiobook MP3 from £16.76