The Wind In The Bamboo : A Journey in Search of Asia's 'Negrito' Indigenous People Paperback
Historically defined as 'Negrito' because they physically resemble small Africans, these hunter-gatherers may have the most ancient ancestry in Asia.
Nearly exterminated by disease and a cataclysmic volcanic eruption, they now survive in forests of Malaysia, the Philippines and India's Andaman Islands.
Some are armed with spears and blowpipes, a few with mobile phones and graduate degrees.
Edith Mirante reveals the story of the 'Negrito' peoples through a compelling Chatwinesque narrative of journeys into their remaining lands.
- Format: Paperback
- Pages: 308 pages, 1 Illustrations, unspecified
- Publisher: Orchid Press Publishing Limited
- Publication Date: 19/03/2015
- Category: Cultural studies
- ISBN: 9789745241473
- Paperback / softback from £15.85