Islamic Geometric Patterns Paperback / softback
by Eric Broug
Geometric patterns are perhaps the most recognizable visual expressions of Islamic art and architecture, magnificent in their beauty and awe-inspiring in their execution.
Now, with the aid of this book, anyone can learn how to master this ancient art and create intricate patterns or re-create classic examples.
An introduction guides the reader through the basics, and is followed by some of the best examples of geometric patterns from around the world, arranged into three levels of complexity, with careful, step-by-step instructions taking the reader through the stages of composition.
The book also includes a CD-ROM, allowing you to experiment with Islamic geometric patterns on the computer.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 120 pages, With over 290 illustrations
- Publisher: Thames & Hudson Ltd
- Publication Date: 12/05/2008
- Category: Industrial / commercial art & design
- ISBN: 9780500287217
- Paperback / softback from £10.95