Theatre, Performance and the Historical Avant-Garde Paperback / softback
by G. Berghaus
Part of the Palgrave Studies in Theatre and Performance History series
This study traces the origins of European modernism in Nineteenth-century Paris, examining every major avant-garde movement that sprung from this epicentre in the early Twentieth century: Expressionism, Dadaism, etc.
In this wide-ranging overview Berghaus demonstrates a mastery of primary and secondary sources in several different languages.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 374 pages, XXII, 374 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 28/01/2010
- Category: Theatre studies
- ISBN: 9780230617520
- Hardback from £83.79