Montauban : Somme Paperback / softback
Part of the Battleground Europe series
Montauban was the southernmost of the Somme villages attacked by the British Army on 1 July, 1916, and it was where there was the greatest success.
This new book in the series takes the reader over ground where Captain Nevill kicked a football on going over the top, where the Somme cameramen took some of their most evocative footage and where Pals battalions engaged in a triumphant first major engagement.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 144 pages, Illustrations
- Publisher: Pen & Sword Books Ltd
- Publication Date: 12/01/1998
- Category: European history
- ISBN: 9780850525793