Language, Sex and Social Structure : Analysing Discourses of Sexuality Hardback
by J. Clark
This book offers an innovative way of doing critical discourse analysis that focuses on the performatively produced concepts and social structures that support oppressive attitudes in a community.
It draws upon ethnographic data from a women's field hockey club to examine players' homophobic attitudes towards lesbians on the team.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 157 pages, X, 157 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 13/11/2012
- Category: Sociolinguistics
- ISBN: 9780230276666
- PDF from £50.14
- Paperback / softback from £61.69