Weimar Surfaces : Urban Visual Culture in 1920s Germany Paperback / softback
by Janet Ward
Part of the Weimar & Now: German Cultural Criticism series
Germany of the 1920s offers a stunning moment in modernity, a time when surface values first became determinants of taste, activity, and occupation: modernity was still modern, spectacle was still spectacular.
Janet Ward's luminous study revisits Weimar Germany via the lens of metropolitan visual culture, analyzing the power that 1920s Germany holds for today's visual codes of consumerism.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 374 pages, 63 b-w photographs
- Publisher: University of California Press
- Publication Date: 21/03/2001
- Category: Cultural studies
- ISBN: 9780520222991
- PDF from £29.16