Men of War : Masculinity and the First World War in Britain Paperback / softback
Part of the Genders and Sexualities in History series
Exploring how understandings of masculinity were constructed by British First World war servicemen through examination of their personal narratives, including letters home from the front and wartime diaries.
This book presents a nuanced investigation of masculine identity in Britain during and after the First World War.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 216 pages, XI, 216 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 27/11/2008
- Category: British & Irish history
- ISBN: 9780230302327
- Hardback from £52.95
- PDF from £16.99