The Utilitarianism Paperback / softback
Edited by George Sher
This expanded edition of John Stuart Mill's Utilitarianism includes the text of his 1868 speech to the British House of Commons defending the use of capital punishment in cases of aggravated murder.
The speech is significant both because its topic remains timely and because its arguments illustrate the applicability of the principle of utility to questions of large-scale social policy.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 88 pages
- Publisher: Hackett Publishing Co, Inc
- Publication Date: 15/06/2002
- Category: Social & political philosophy
- ISBN: 9780872206052
- Paperback / softback from £9.89
- Hardback from £18.65
- Paperback from £7.00