Democracy and Schooling in California : The Legacy of Helen Heffernan and Corinne Seeds Hardback
Part of the Historical Studies in Education series
This book examines the struggle over public education in mid-twentieth century America through the lens of a joint biography of these two extraordinary women, Heffernan, the California Commissioner of Rural and Elementary Education between 1926 and 1965, and Seeds, the Director of the University Elementary school at UCLA between 1925 and 1957.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 286 pages, XVIII, 286 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 12/12/2011
- Category: Educational strategies & policy
- ISBN: 9780230338241
- Paperback / softback from £56.15