Sport, Politics and Society in the Arab World Hardback
by M. Amara
Part of the Global Culture and Sport Series series
This book explores the significance of sport in the understanding of past and current societal dynamics in the Arab world.
It examines sport in relation to cultural, political and economic changes in the Arab World, including nation-state building, the formation of national identity and international relations in post-colonial context.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 192 pages, IX, 192 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 25/11/2011
- Category: Sociology: sport & leisure
- ISBN: 9780230307926
- PDF from £56.95
- Paperback / softback from £52.99