Urbanization, Urbanism, and Urbanity in an African City : Home Spaces and House Cultures Hardback
by P. Jenkins
Part of the Africa Connects series
Urbanization in sub-Saharan Africa has historic roots, and though it has accelerated in recent decades, it retains distinctive forms.
This book explores sub-Saharan urbanism through a detailed and wide-ranging study of Maputo, Mozambique, covering physical and socio-economic factors as well as an ethnographic inquiry into cultural attitudes.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 274 pages, 36 Illustrations, black and white; XIX, 274 p. 36 illus.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 09/12/2013
- Category: Urban communities
- ISBN: 9781137380166
- Paperback / softback from £48.95