Bohemia in London : The Social Scene of Early Modernism Paperback / softback
This original study discovers the bourgeois in the modernist and the dissenting style of Bohemia in the new artistic movements of the 1910s.
Brooker sees the bohemian as the example of the modern artist, at odds with but defined by the codes of bourgeois society.
It renews once more the complexities and radicalism of the modernist challenge.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 210 pages, 6 Illustrations, black and white; XIII, 210 p. 6 illus.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 23/01/2004
- Category: Literary studies: from c 1900 -
- ISBN: 9780230546929
- Hardback from £72.79