The Cultural Imaginary of the Internet : Virtual Utopias and Dystopias Hardback
Contemporary culture offer contradictory views of the internet and new media technologies, painting them in extremes of optimistic enthusiasm and pessimistic concern.
This book explores such representations, uncovering the roots of our cultural responses to the internet, centred upon a profoundly ambivalent reaction to technological modernity.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 114 pages, VIII, 114 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 12/05/2014
- Category: Cultural studies
- ISBN: 9781137436689
- Paperback / softback from £43.65