Oral History, Community, and Displacement : Imagining Memories in Post-Apartheid South Africa Hardback
by S. Field
Part of the Palgrave Studies in Oral History series
This book uses oral history methodology to record stories of people who experienced the brunt of racist forced removals in the city of Cape Town, South Africa.
Through life stories and community case studies, it traces the human impact of this disruptive, often violent feature of apartheid's social engineering.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 221 pages, 21 Illustrations, black and white; XVIII, 221 p. 21 illus.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 29/02/2012
- Category: African history
- ISBN: 9780230108905
- PDF from £54.40
- Paperback / softback from £56.65