Based on Sebastian Faulks's international bestselling novel, Birdsong tells the story of a soldier haunted by his past.
As a young man, Stephen Wraysford was caught up in an all-consuming love affair in Amiens, France.
As the First World War unfolds, Stephen finds himself pulled closer and closer back to Amiens, back to the Valley of the Somme.
This is a tale of one man's quest to understand how far mankind can go and still call itself human.
This powerful and compelling story about courage, love, friendship and loss is brought to the stage for the fi rst time in a version by Rachel Wagstaff.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 110 pages
- Publisher: Samuel French Ltd
- Publication Date: 19/07/2016
- Category: Plays, playscripts
- ISBN: 9780573112058
- Paperback / softback from £7.89
- CD-Audio from £17.45
- EPUB from £4.99
- Paperback from £7.65
- Other point of sale from £6.85
- eAudiobook MP3 from £6.00
- Hardback from £8.89