Western Literature in China and the Translation of a Nation Hardback
by Shouhua Qi
This book studies the reception history of Western literature in China from the 1840s to the present.
Qi explores the socio-historical contexts and the contours of how Western literature was introduced, mostly through translation and assesses its transformative impact in the cultural, literary as well as sociopolitical life of modern China.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 226 pages, XIII, 226 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 29/02/2012
- Category: Literary studies: c 1800 to c 1900
- ISBN: 9780230120877
- Paperback / softback from £50.59