Cambridge Greek and Latin Classics : Sophocles: Antigone Paperback / softback
Sophocles' Antigone is probably the most widely read and performed of all Greek tragedies, and its themes and conflicts resonate powerfully into the modern era.
In this new edition, Mark Griffith combines sophisticated literary and cultural interpretation with close attention to language, metre, and issues of performance, and thus makes the play more fully available to readers of Greek than ever before.
The introduction requires no knowledge of Greek and will interest all students of drama and literature.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 376 pages, Worked examples or Exercises
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Publication Date: 09/09/1999
- Category: Plays, playscripts
- ISBN: 9780521337014