Confessions of an English Opium-Eater Paperback / softback
WITH AN INTRODUCTION BY HOWARD MARKSOnce upon a time, opium (the main ingredient of heroin) was easily available over the chemist's counter.
The secret of happiness, about which philosophers have disputed for so many ages, could be bought for a penny, and carried in the waistcoat pocket: portable ecstasies could be corked up in a pint bottle.
Paradise? So thought Thomas de Quincey, but he soon discovered that 'nobody will laugh long who deals much with opium'.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 144 pages
- Publisher: Vintage Publishing
- Publication Date: 03/01/2013
- Category: Autobiography: literary
- ISBN: 9780099528593
- Paperback / softback from £1.99
- Hardback from £7.65
- EPUB from £0.99
- Paperback from £16.09