Military Responses to the Arab Uprisings and the Future of Civil-Military Relations in the Middle East : Analysis from Egypt, Tunisia, Libya, and Syria Hardback
by W. Taylor
This book explains Arab military responses to the social uprisings which began in 2011.
Through a comparative case study analysis of Egyptian, Tunisian, Libyan, and Syrian militaries, it explains why militaries fractured, supported the regime in power, or removed their presidents.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 252 pages, 2 Illustrations, black and white; XI, 252 p. 2 illus.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 07/08/2014
- Category: Political structure & processes
- ISBN: 9781137410047
- Paperback / softback from £61.69