Introducing Science Paperback / softback
Illustrated by Borin Van Loon
Part of the Introducing... series
How do we reconcile the advantages of science with its perils?
What do scientists actually do? Is science 'value-free'? How has science evolved through history? Where is science leading us? We now begin to see that uncertainty and ignorance tend to increase with changes in the production of knowledge.
We have arrived at the threshold of post-normal science.
Introducing Science is a clear and incisively illustrated anatomy of science.
It is essential reading for students, ordinary citizens and scientists themselves.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 176 pages, Illustrations, unspecified
- Publisher: Icon Books Ltd
- Publication Date: 06/05/2002
- Category: Impact of science & technology on society
- ISBN: 9781840463583
- Paperback / softback from £6.39
- EPUB from £3.33