The Thracians 700BC-46AD Paperback / softback
Illustrated by Angus McBride
Part of the Men-at-Arms series
For seven hundred years the fierce tribesmen of Thrace dominated a huge stretch of territory between the Danube, the Black Sea and northern Greece.
Skilled in light infantry warfare and renowned as cavalrymen, they both resisted, and later served as mercenaries for, all the great regional powers from Persia and Athens to Alexander of Macedon and the Roman emperors.
This book brings to light the recent archaeological discoveries which allow a fuller reconstruction of these colourful warriors than ever before.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 48 pages, 8 colour & 40 b&w illustrations
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Publication Date: 19/09/2001
- Category: European history
- ISBN: 9781841763293