The Business of Literary Circles in Nineteenth-Century America Hardback
Part of the Nineteenth-Century Major Lives and Letters series
This comprehensive study ranges from Irving's Knickerbockers, Emerson's Transcendentalists, and Garrison's abolitionists to the popular serial fiction writers for Robert Bonner's New York Ledger to unearth surprising convergences between such seemingly disparate circles.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 296 pages, VIII, 296 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 26/01/2011
- Category: Literary studies: c 1800 to c 1900
- ISBN: 9780230110465
- Paperback / softback from £52.19