The Second Crusade 1148 : Disaster Outside Damascus Paperback / softback
Illustrated by Christa Hook
Part of the Campaign series
Despite minor setbacks, Christian Europe had enjoyed success on previous Crusader campaigns.
Pursuing an ambitious but politically flawed strategy against an Islamic state friendly to their Crusader neighbours, the knights of the Second Crusade suffered a crushing defeat at Damascus in 1148.
This battle shook the Crusaders' belief in their military supremacy, and revived the Islamic states, marking a crucial turning point in the history of the Crusades.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 96 pages, Illustrations (some col.)
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Publication Date: 09/01/2009
- Category: Middle Eastern history
- ISBN: 9781846033544