The tone of this collection is determinedly humorous, reporting the lighter side of the conflict as viewed by its Cockney participants.
Even so, the grimness behind what was in reality a brutal and highly mechanised conflict cut through many of the memoirs. The collection of short memoirs, many illustrated by the famed Bert Thomas, is divided into five categories - Action, Lull, Hospital, High Seas and Here and There.
Prefaced by an introduction by Sir Ian Hamilton, the British Commander-in-Chief who oversaw the Allies' unhappy campaign in Gallipoli.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 224 pages, 72 Illustrations, unspecified
- Publisher: Amberley Publishing
- Publication Date: 15/04/2009
- Category: British & Irish history
- ISBN: 9781848684249