Trans-Atlantic Passages : Philip Hale on the Boston Symphony Orchestra, 1889-1933 Hardback
by J. Mitchell
Part of the The New Urban Atlantic series
Philip Hale (1854-1934) helped put Boston on the Transatlantic map through his music writing.
Mitchell reconstructs Hale's oeuvre to produce an authoritative account of the role the Boston Symphony played in the international world of nineteenth- and early twentieth-century music.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 299 pages, XIV, 299 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 10/12/2014
- Category: 20th century & contemporary classical music
- ISBN: 9781137453495
- PDF from £53.54
- Paperback / softback from £49.85