Union Infantryman 1861-1865 : Weapons, Armour, Tactics Paperback / softback
Illustrated by John White
Part of the Warrior S. series
The Union Infantrymen were the 1700 regiments of foot soldiers who became the mainstay of 'Mr. Lincoln's Army'. In many respects these long-suffering, hard-fighting Yankees from farmsteads, hamlets, and urban centres saved the Union.
Their hopes and fears, joy and sorrows, cowardice and bravery were recorded in diaries, letters, memoirs and legions of histories.
John Langellier's expert text strengthens these narratives along with contemporary images and photographs of key artefacts.
These pictures help capture the essence of the experience of the Northern doughboy, Vivid, accurate custom artwork also enlivens the saga of those who fought to preserve a nation tom asunder.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 64 pages, 57 b&w and 10 colour illustrations, chronology, bibliography
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Publication Date: 21/05/2001
- Category: History of the Americas
- ISBN: 9781841761763