Francis Bacon Paperback / softback
by John Russell
Part of the World of Art series
Based on conversations with the artist which extended over several years, John Russell's original study reveals much about Bacon the man and Bacon the artist in a way that has never been surpassed.
On Bacon's death in 1992, the unique vision and accomplishment of one of the greatest artists of the twentieth century could be appreciated in their totality.
In this edition, Russell does just that, as well as discussing Bacon's later work. Bacon's intentions and his achievements, both frequently misunderstood, are here set in perspective.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 208 pages, Including 28 triptychs; 128 Illustrations, black and white; 44 Illustrations, color
- Publisher: Thames & Hudson Ltd
- Publication Date: 01/08/1993
- Category: History of art & design styles: from c 1900 -
- ISBN: 9780500202715