Producing : Behind the Silver Screen: A Modern History of Filmmaking Paperback / softback
Edited by Jon Lewis
Part of the Behind the Silver Screen series
Producers raise money and supervise development, they procure a script or book or 'pre-sold property' (like Harry Potter or Batman) & more.
This book is all about what producers have actually done during Hollywood's history, delving into the careers of the exemplary figures, from Irving Thalberg to the multiple co-producers of 7 Years a Slave.
This is also a great introduction to the ways in which the Hollywood industry works as a business; producers are at the money, business end and their work runs through the entire process of getting a movie onto the screen - or failing to do so.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 240 pages, 27 b/w illustrations
- Publisher: I.B. Tauris & Co. Ltd.
- Publication Date: 15/12/2015
- Category: Film production: technical & background skills
- ISBN: 9781784534356