Security and Liberty : Restriction by Stealth Hardback
by Kate Moss
Part of the Crime Prevention and Security Management series
Considering the question of how levels of security allow state power to be increased to the point at which it infringes essential civil liberties, this book explores the creeping power of the executive and the unfeasibility of widespread use of the Human Rights Act as a bulwark against the oppressive use of state power.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 184 pages, XI, 184 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 27/11/2008
- Category: Causes & prevention of crime
- ISBN: 9780230524675
- PDF from £66.30
- Paperback / softback from £60.89