This book, written with unique access to official archives, tells the secret story of Britain's H-bomb - the scientific and strategic background, the government's policy decision, the work of the remarkable men who created the bomb, the four weapon trials at a remote Pacific atoll in 1957-58, and the historic consequences.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 273 pages, XIV, 273 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 27/03/2001
- Category: History: specific events & topics
- ISBN: 9780333947425
- Hardback from £75.75
- PDF from £46.75