The Memorial Day Massacre and the Movement for Industrial Democracy Hardback
by M. Dennis
This book explores one of the most dramatic and scandalous events in the movement for American democratic reform.
Dubbed the Memorial Day Massacre, it saw Chicago police shoot and kill ten demonstrators and beat more than one hundred others as they tried to form a mass picket line at the Republic Steel Plant in South Chicago.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 278 pages, X, 278 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 19/01/2011
- Category: History of the Americas
- ISBN: 9780230618213
- PDF from £53.54
- Paperback / softback from £55.79