Boris Iofan: Architect behind the Palace of the Soviets Paperback / softback
Boris Iofan is best known as the architect behind the Palace of the Soviets.
Yet his style was not limited to the Socialist Clas-sicism that flourished under Stalin.
Rath-er, Iofan's architectural language evolved throughout his lifetime, from his eclecti-cist beginnings in Rome, to the grandeur of the wedding-cake style in the 1930s, to his incorporation of concrete panels under Khrushchev.
This book presents a collec-tion of essays that chart the development of the architect's variegated career that spanned nearly six decades.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 272 pages, 200 images; 200 Illustrations, unspecified
- Publisher: DOM Publishers
- Publication Date: 03/12/2018
- Category: Individual architects & architectural firms
- ISBN: 9783869223124