Players, Playwrights, Playhouses : Investigating Performance, 1660-1800 Paperback / softback
Part of the Redefining British Theatre History series
This book brings together theatre historians to identify and exemplify a variety of productive new approaches to the investigation of plays, players, playwrights, playhouses and other aspects of theatre in the long eighteenth century.
Their inquiries range from stage censorship and anti-theatricalism to the political resonances of adultery comedy.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 300 pages, 8 Illustrations, black and white; XIII, 300 p. 8 illus.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 24/10/2007
- Category: Theatre studies
- ISBN: 9780230250574
- PDF from £20.40
- Hardback from £55.25