Fornasetti : Designer of Dreams Paperback / softback
Piero Fornasetti established an enduring reputation as a designer with a style that was all his own - a style based on illusionism, architectural perspectives and a host of personal leitmotifs, such as the sun, playing cards and fishes, from which he spun seemingly endless variations. 'He makes objects speak' said Gio Ponti, his friend and longtime collaborator. Designers and collectors today celebrate his use of allusion, unsettling images and striking juxtaposition to create unique, whimsical objects.
Fornasetti's masterpieces shock, delight and inspire.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 288 pages, With over 600 illustrations, 116 in colour; 116 Illustrations, color
- Publisher: Thames & Hudson Ltd
- Publication Date: 02/03/1998
- Category: Decorative arts
- ISBN: 9780500280515