The Regulation of Dietary Supplements : A Historical Analysis Hardback
This book documents the long, still ongoing battle between the US Food and Drug Administration and the dietary supplement industry.
It presents the complex, often subtle, and sometimes overlooked series of events that had a major impact on how dietary supplements are manufactured, marketed, sold, and used today.
While the first few chapters focus on some background topics, the remaining chapters walk the reader through timeline of events, legislative actions, FDA proposed and final rules, and judicial decisions that led to our current dietary supplement regulatory framework.
Interwoven in narrative are examples of the roles of science, social and public policy, politics, and popular media.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 222 pages, 3 Tables, black and white; 22 Illustrations, black and white
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication Date: 10/12/2018
- Category: Food manufacturing & related industries
- ISBN: 9781138337541
- Paperback / softback from £37.69
- EPUB from £69.30
- PDF from £69.30