The Fool in European Theatre : Stages of Folly Hardback
by Tim Prentki
Why is folly essential to the functioning of a healthy society?
Why is theatre a natural home for madness? The answers take the reader on a journey embracing Shakespeare and Jonson, Brecht and Beckett, Buchner and Boal.
From Falstaff to Fo via Figaro, this study examines the art of telling truth to power and surviving long enough to have a laugh.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 229 pages, VII, 229 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 22/11/2011
- Category: Theatre studies
- ISBN: 9780230291591
- Paperback / softback from £52.39