Joyce, Medicine And Modernity Hardback
Part of the Florida James Joyce Series series
A comprehensive assessment of the influence Joyce's interest in medicine had on his work.
This is the first sustained study of Joyce's artistic uses of turn-of-the-century medical discourses.
It balances close readings of Joyce's major texts with thorough archival research into late nineteenth- and early twentieth-century medical debates.
The result is a fascinating book that details the ways in which Joyce reconciled, integrated, and blurred the boundaries between scientific and humanist learning.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 202 pages, Illustrations
- Publisher: University Press of Florida
- Publication Date: 15/12/2009
- Category: Literary studies: general
- ISBN: 9780813034232
- Paperback / softback from £17.50