The Merchant of Venice Paperback / softback
Edited by Burton Raffel
Part of the The Annotated Shakespeare series
In this lively comedy of love and money in sixteenth-century Venice, Bassanio wants to impress the wealthy heiress Portia but lacks the necessary funds.
He turns to his merchant friend, Antonio, who is forced to borrow from Shylock, a Jewish moneylender.
When Antonio's business falters, repayment becomes impossible-and by the terms of the loan agreement, Shylock is able to demand a pound of Antonio's flesh. Portia cleverly intervenes, and all ends well (except of course for Shylock).
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 208 pages
- Publisher: Yale University Press
- Publication Date: 06/10/2006
- Category: Shakespeare plays
- ISBN: 9780300115642
- Paperback / softback from £2.50
- Hardback from £6.25
- EPUB from £0.99
- PDF from £4.00
- Mixed media product from £10.22
- Paperback from £8.45
- CD-Audio from £8.95